Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do I need to make an appointment to try on wedding gowns?
In order to give you the full attention of our experienced consultants and the full Melange Bridal experience, appointments are necessary especially on weekends.
2. How long is a bridal appointment with a Melange Bridal consultant?
Bridal gown appointments are 1-1.5 hours. During sample sales, appointments are one hour.
3. What should I bring to my appointment?
We recommend you bring pictures of dresses you’ve seen on our website, in magazines, on pinterest, www.theknot.com, or that you’ve tried on elsewhere and bring an open mind. Many of our brides select a gown that they have never seen or tired on before. Also, don’t be surprised if you find “The Dress” on your first visit to Melange Bridal.
4. Who should I bring to my appointment?
Bring your closest friend or family member whose opinion you value the most and who knows you well. Bring a member of the bridal party whom you want to share the bridal experience of buying your gown. We do not recommend bringing more than 2 or 3 friends or family members. It's your special day, we want to keep the focus and attention on you.
5. May I take pictures of the gowns while I am trying them on?
We do not allow cameras in the fitting rooms while you are shopping. Once you have purchased a dress, you may take as many pictures as you’d like.
6. Can I complete my entire look in one appointment?
Absolutely! Not only do many brides find their dress on their first visit to our salon, but they also find all their accessories (veils, headpieces, jewelry, etc) on their first visit.
7. Do I need to make an appointment to look at accessories?
Appointments are recommended, but you may walk in to the salon at any time to try on veils, jewelry, and accessories on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Appointments are required on Saturdays and Sundays.
1. How far in advance do I need to buy my gown?
It’s best to allow 8-10 months before your wedding to order a gown. All special order gowns are made to your specifications by our designers.
2. What is a special-order gown?
Most of the gowns we sell are special-order. A special-order gown is made specifically for you by a designer, based on your measurements, the designer then uses their pattern that is closest to your measurements to create your gown. We then alter it to perfection for body.
3. Are alterations included in the cost of a gown?
No. Alterations are additional costs and NOT included in the price of a gown.
4. How far in advance do I need to select my bridesmaids dresses?
It’s best to allow 3-4 months before the wedding to select and order your bridesmaids dresses.
5. How do I pay for my gown?
We accept most major credit cards, as well as cash and personal checks. (Personal checks are only accepted for deposit, not final payment)
6. When should I expect to receive my gown?
The dress is delivered to us directly from the designer. Once when your gown arrives, we’ll call you to pick up your dress, schedule a first fitting for alterations, or arrange shipping.
7. When should I order my veil and/or headpiece?
Special-order designer veils have a 3-4 months lead-time, so making a decision at the time you order your gown is helpful. At your first fitting, you can order a custom veil which we’ll make for you on premise.